|Offering excellent picture performance, Panasonic's 37-inch VIERA TC-L37D2 LED-LCD HDTV provides 1080p high-definition imagery and includes a Universal Dock for Apple iPod, which enables you to control and play music and video directly from your iPod or iPhone through your VIERA HDTV. This D2 series model also features 24P Playback function for superb imagery from 24-frame movies on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, Game Mode for faster image response while playing immersive 3D games, a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and an improved panel with In Plane Switching (IPS) for an ultra-wide viewing angle and higher moving picture resolution that results in clear, bright images.|
This and other models in the D2 line offer Panasonic's VIERA Image Viewer feature, which enables you to play slideshows of JPEG images stored on SD memory cards, as well as the VIERA Link feature for controlling a variety of compatible components--from Blu-ray Disc players to digital cameras--through a single remote.
Saving energy never looked better. VIERA D2 Series LED HDTVs offer an IPS - LED LCD panel, which include new technology that achieves the highest levels of brightness and energy-saving efficiency ever in a VIERA LCD HDTV.
| ||Game Mode: With Game Mode, quicker image response increases the enjoyment of video games when a game console is connected to the TV. What's more, VIERA produces the dark images in video games more clearly. This mode works with the anti-image retention (wobbling) function, too. |
| ||VIERA Link: Allows the interlinked operation of various AV devices--from DVD and Blu-ray Disc players to home theater sound systems to digital cameras and camcorders--using only the VIERA remote control by simply connecting the devices to each other by an HDMI cable (see pop-up illustration). |
iPod Entertainment Kit: With the included Universal Dock for iPod, you can control playback of the music and video stored on your Apple iPod or iPhone directly through your VIERA HDTV via the remote control and intuitive onscreen menu system (see more about iPod/iPhone compatibility).
VIERA Image Viewer: View full-HD images with the integrated SD card slot, enabling you to view JPEG photos captured from your digital camera or camcorder on the big screen. Navigate your images via an easy-to-use thumbnail display.
- Series: D2
- Screen type: LED
- Screen size: 37 inches
- Filter: Clear Panel
- Native resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Contrast ratio: 2,000,000:1
- Viewing angle: 178 degrees
- Receiving system: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- HDTV display capability: 1080p
- EDTV display capability: 480p
- Speakers: 2 full range, 20W total power; surround sound capabilities
- Image viewer: JPEG compatibility
- Aspect control: 480i/p -- Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom; 1080ip -- Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Optional wall-mounting bracket: TY-WK3L2RW
- Multi-lingual menu: English/Spanish/French
- Energy Star qualified: Yes
- HDMI: 3 (1 side)
- Component (Y, PB, PR): 1
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 side); each with audio input
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1
- TV with stand: 36.1 x 24.9 x 11.3 inches (WxHxD); 38.6 pounds
- TV without stand: 36.1 x 23.3 x 1.8 inches (WxHxD); 32.0 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box Panasonic D2 series LED-LCD HDTV, iPod dock, removable stand, remote control (with batteries), operating instructions
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5